Dear Red Devils Nation,
We want to thank you for your patience and understanding as we all work through these challenging times together. In recent weeks we have been given approval with strict guidelines from the Governor, Portage County Board of Health, the NFHS, and the OHSAA that allows our athletic teams to begin summer activities. We have developed policies, procedures, and protocols that will allow our high school student-athletes to participate in these activities. In order to ensure the safest environment possible, it is imperative that all guidelines are being followed at all times. The established guidelines may vary from sport to sport, however, there are some universal protocols listed below.
- All athletes must complete a COVID 19 waiver (See below) and return to their coach prior to participating in any activities.
- All students must have an up-to-date OHSAA physical on file (See below)
- Training sessions are NOT mandatory and will have no impact on future team selection processes.
- If you do not feel comfortable attending, please stay home.
- Coaches will be wearing face coverings.
- We encourage athletes to wear face coverings when they are arriving and departing facilities.
- We encourage students who are participating in the summer workouts to monitor their symptoms daily using the COVID-19 monitoring form. (See below) Anyone experiencing symptoms should stay home.
- If any student displays symptoms of COVID-19 they are to remain at home from all activities or be sent home if already at an activity and isolate themselves for 14 days.
- If any student tests positive for COVID-19 they are to remain at home and isolate themselves until they have been free of symptoms for 14 days.
- Six Foot Social Distancing must be followed at all times.
- No visitors are permitted during workouts.
- This includes parents, family members, alumni, etc. If you are picking up or dropping off please remain in your car at all times.
- Locker rooms will remain closed.
- Coaches must take attendance prior to the start of each workout and keep attendance records so that there is a record of everyone present in case a student develops COVID-19.
- All students involved in a skills workout should arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to the start of a session and should leave the premises immediately upon completion of the workout.
- They must leave immediately following the workout. No congregating in parking lots.
- Time should be allotted between sessions to allow teams to exit fields/facilities prior to new teams arriving.
- Athletes need to show up dressed and ready to participate.
- A restroom will be available for emergency situations.
- No Drinking Fountains or shared drinks. Athletes must bring their own water.
- Sanitation products will be provided. Athletes must wipe down their equipment before and after use.
- The no-touch rule will be in effect. All individuals must avoid physical contact with others including high fives, huddles, or other close contacts before, during, and after the events.
- High School teams will begin skill training no earlier than Monday, June 15th.
- Fall Middle School teams only will begin skill training no earlier than Monday, July 6th.
- The weight room will remain closed for at least Phase 1.
- Athletes are expected to wash their hands thoroughly, prior to arrival.
- Athletes are expected to wash their hands thoroughly, following any activity.
If you have questions please do not hesitate to reach out to the athletic department or your coach. Thank you again for your patience and support during this unique time.